Super Woman- Where is She Now?


              SUPERWOMAN-  WHERE IS SHE NOW??

Look around you.  Everywhere you see a Mom, you're seeing a Super Woman.  Whether she works outside the home, or stays home minding the kids, she's a Mom, a Wife, a Daughter, a Traffic Director, etc.

You've all heard this mantra before, or you live it every day, or both. 

This particular Super Mom has a few people to whom I need to give a huge thanks for supporting my Super efforts in a big way. 

Without the heroic efforts of my husband and a close friend, I would not be open for business Today. 

My husband jumped through all sorts of hoops to get a lease in order for me, at the new home of PDM and then more hoops to get viable keys to the place.  My very Dear friend- she knows who she is- spent the whole day with me, Yesterday spiffying up the joint, to make it comfy and beautiful for my clients Today and henceforth. 

I now have room and tables and hands enough to serve 3 at a time:  One room for couples and one for singles. 

I have experienced the truth of the old maxim about no one becoming successful alone.  Behind every good man, there may be a brilliant woman, but from my personal experience, I can tell you that it takes a village to raise a successful business woman by her bootstraps. 

In case you're wondering, if you go on reading my blogs, you're going to discover a lot of mixing of metaphors, and double entendres. 

You can blame my parents for my colorful turns of phrase.  I saw them playing Scrabble a lot with my brothers and it made me jealous, so that by the time I was 5, I was playing too, or pestering them mercilessly and stealing their tiles until they let me play.  I'm pretty sure they planned it that way.

So my parents then are part of the village that raised me to be as successful, (or at least as very suddenly popular) as I am at this moment, due to a recent Groupon feature.  They are also part of the village that helps to raise my own son, which gives my hubby and me a chance to get to know each other again, between stints of massage, (my work) and soft-ware design/programming (his work). 

Thanksgiving may be over, but I've found that the more I remember to express gratitude, the more I see how much I have for which to be grateful.  This spirit of appreciation is a wonderful thing to take with us, into the rest of the year, and into our lives.  It contributes to my positive attitude which has made me a popular massage therapist with many of my regulars, and I hope that those of you who have bought Groupons will enjoy it, because I truely love my work, and have been at it for over 10 years, now, because it is my heart's work. 

And I want to thank those of you who have bought my Groupons, and assure you that I can get to you much more quickly now than I would have been able to just 3 days ago, as I write this blog.  I do hope that you will bear with me, during your scheduling process, as a lot of you bought those Groupons, and I have 3 pair of hands, at this moment and 3 massage tables to serve you all. 

I am terribly sorry that I can't serve some of you as fast as you had hoped, and I know that Groupon has been as gracious as ever about your refunds, in those few instances.

For the rest of you, I hope that when you walk into either of my sanctuaries, which I intend to call Oasis I and Oasis II, you will remember that it took a lot of help from my friend and hubby to get it all put together in the space of one day. 

On the day we signed the lease, we had only the basics from my old office.  Yesterday, my friend who helped us make the new place what it is now, took me shopping, as soon as we figured out what I wanted it to look like, and she kept me on track in terms of color co-ordination, and remembering the small items.

It was great fun (and exhausting) to put it all together for you kind folks, my regulars and those of you who are holding PDM Groupons, and I hope that you enjoy visiting and receiving massage there, as much as I will enjoy giving you all massages there.

Please do try to call during office hours.  My home and work number are the same, and because they are the same, I should be able to get back to you with in 24 hours of when you left a message.  Please also remind all your friends to leave their ph. #  TWICE very clearly when they call because you have recommended my massages. 

I can only guarantee a call back to those who speak clearly via a land line and leave their ph. # TWICE.

Thanks and Enjoy your Post-Thanksgiving Thankful Life and all your other Holidays as well.
  Sue Hirsch, CMT of Perfect Day Massage
  WWW.Perfectdaymassage.com

 
sidebar

Blogroll