My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things


Jean Wilder, Lily Tomlin, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, the Beatniks, and the fact that we're the "Land of Excess", "Home of the Brave", and home of expressions such as "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude", "Far Out" and "Chill Out", as well as "I'm down with that" and "Hail Mary Pass".

I find that it pays to remind myself of things that make me smile in amusement in those eternal seeming moments when I'm trying to digest my supersized meal that I really shouldn't have had them supersize, or when I'm waiting for someone to show up who may decide that going home for a nap would be much nicer than keeping an appointment at the end of an already long day.  How can I blame them?

When it comes right down to it, the first things that come to mind when I need diversion, are flashes of my favorite comediens, including Victor Borge, and Senior Wenssis, as well as my son.  He's actually done some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen, and not seen, but wish I had. 

One time, my neice said that he pulled a sight gag.  He looked her way to make sure that she was watching, and then closed his hand in a book and turned back to her w/ a big expression of mock pain and horror, plastered on his little face.  Wish I'd seen it.  Especially, because he had pulled that gag before he could walk.

Carol Burnette, chocolate dipped strawberries that hardly needed the chocolate to bring out their perfection, old vinyl records and their attendant old phonographs, and other antiquities like old phones and telegraphs, really buttery eggs, and Mom's chocolate chip cookies- Gluten Free of course, pansies and posies, but only if you're out of irises and tulips, dogs and cats and watching my son inter-act with them every chance he gets.

Are you tripping with me, down Memory Lane here, or have I lost you completely to your file drawer of bills to pay, tax forms to fill out, homework papers to grade or essays/thesises to write up, and surveys to take? 

Have fun doing that.  Sorry if I distracted you............................No you're right, I'm not really sorry.  I'm always quite pleased to think that I might be a pleasant or even much needed distraction. 


  Sue Hirsch, CMT of Perfect Day Massage
  WWW.Perfectdaymassage.com

 
sidebar

Blogroll