another one

What's in- What's Out

I was amazed this morning to discover that I've been doing it all wrong.  All this time, I'd been avoiding glutenous grains, and thinking that I was doing myeself a favor by eating all sorts of other grains, lentils, legumes, and so on.  I believed that if I had Celiac then all I had to do was cut out the Gluten, and I'd be fine.

Boy, was I wrong!

That's not the whole story behind what we should and shouldn't be eating.  It seems now, that some really smart people, like Nora Gedgaudas, C.N.S. and C.N.T. are backing the wisdom of the Paleo Diet. 

Celiac and gluten intolerant people aren't the only ones who really shouldn't be eating grains, legumes and some beans.  Not only do our bodies not require grains, rice and potatoes, but these things can actually do us harm, as can improperly cooked beans that really need to be cooked before we eat them.

Drinking a splash of vinegar in your water is still in, as it's a digestive aid, not to mention a great household cleaner.

Something else that's probably OUT:  Checking to closely to see what your dog is barking at, in a hole when she never barks at gophers. 

I had to look of course, because when she knows there's a gopher in a hole, she stands stock still and tries to pretend she's a pointer.  (She's a labradoodle).  I saw a tail of some sort of reptile that might have just been an alligator lizard, but I've heard that there are some snakes in that field where we walk and didn't want my dog getting the business end of what-ever had it's head down that hole.  I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't interested in sharing it's gopher with my dog.

So I called off my thankfully very obedient dog, and we went on noticing the great beauty of the day, with it's bright sunshine, Mallard duck in the gulch beside the park, and the magnificent trees all around.........

Enjoying nature (cautiously) is definitely IN.

Now for those of you who are interested in staying healthy and keeping your mental faculties about you for a very long time, some specific reading is definitley IN.

See how this is getting back to my original point?  You really need to read this Nutritionist's article in the Well Being Journal.  Check out:  WWW.wellbeingjournal.com of May/June 2012 and look for Nora T. Gedgaudas' article on grains.  The idea that they are good and wholesome for us turns out to be a marketing ploy, as can be inferred from her article, and in my book, diet fads and marketing ploys are decidedly OUT.

So Feed Your Mind!  You just might want to reconsider what you were about to have for that next meal. 

And you're going to want to think about having that next meal with someone you love, so that you can tell them that you read something interesting Today, because connecting, over a meal, gives your gut time to realize that it's full, so you'll stop eating sooner.

As Always:  Yours' in Service, Dear Readers
  Sue Hirsch, CMT of Perfect Day Massage
  WWW.Perfectdaymassage.com

 
sidebar

Blogroll