They Only Expire When I Do

They Only Expire When I Do!!!

My phone is ringing off the hook, and almost every caller is worried about the expiration date that Groupon thought that they had to attach to my massages that I offered through them.  I just tell them:  They only expire when I do!

And when I do kick the bucket, I want to be strapped to my table and buried at sea, just to prove that you really can "take it with you", and because I hope to continue giving massages in the next life, and like the ancient Egyptians, I know that I'll need at least one massage table to go with me into that next life.

Well, don't worry about that expriation date.  I have no plans of expiring or even of moving to another location any time soon, and I promise that when I get ideas on moving, everyone will know it through this blog, before it is a fait accompli.

I do sometimes toy with the idea of retirement.  Usually it's at about this time of night, when I put my jammies on, and think to myself:  Okay, time to retire to bed now. 

Because I've learned that the old perception of a more permanent retirement, is so far beyond most of us at this point, when the economy is at its worst, as to be, for all intents and purposes mythological.   That is to say that actual retirement into a way of life in which one does what one pleases precisely when one desires, is no longer feasible.

These days, most of us are forced to continue at our jobs, like sled dogs who die in the traces.  Our nest eggs were eaten by the Great Wall Street Cheats, and our social security and pension plans are no longer sure things.  We can only hope to be able to continue to earn our daily bread each day, and to die a quick and dignified death as soon as we can no longer function at work, so that we don't die a starving and humiliating death.

As easy as it would be, at this point in my blog, to point the finger of blame for the down turn of the economy, that wasn't my original intent.  Neither was it my intent to bring down my readers.  My intent was to offer another way of surviving, after "retirement age". 

It's very simple.  If you know that you're going to tire of your current job and wish that you could retire, then begin to learn another skill set.  It can be as simple as some sort of craft that you've always wanted to try. 

Think outside the box.  If you're a bit older but still very active, you could house or pet sit.  You can tutor people's kids, or teach what-ever craft you like to youngsters at a community college. 

Don't retire.  Recycle............yourself.  You and people like you are one of the most valuable resources that we have on the planet, and you need to be conserved, and recycled, just as much as any other rare and precious resource. 

Employers need to take their responsibility toward you, seriously.  Fair business practices are required by law, and you may be able to use that if you think that you're being unfairly denied a position in the work force. 

And, if you want massage work, you can always come to me.  I'm looking for one more fun, and reliable female who has time to give plenty of massages, here in E. Petaluma.  Please feel free to pass on my name and ph. to anyone that you think might be interested.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Sue:  Owner, Perfect Day Massage.






  Sue Hirsch, CMT of Perfect Day Massage
  WWW.Perfectdaymassage.com

 
sidebar

Blogroll