Creationism Vs. Re-creationism:


Creationism Vs. Re-creationism:

I've never been much for the theory of Creationism. I am, on the other hand, a huge proponent of Re-creationism, and this seems to be my year for re-creating myself.

Since I feel that I've finally learned how to re-create myself, I thought that some of you might like to get a peek at what the journey is like: For me, it started with being born the third child, and first girl to very loving, if somewhat over-sheltering Jewish parents. Later I learned that they were  keeping the tradition for my sake, because my mother was taught from childhood that it is a mother's place to pass down religious traditions.

I take it as another expression of their love for me, that they created a soothing religious routine in the home on Friday evenings because they didn't really believe in a Supreme Being, themselves.

I eventually out-grew the need for religious trappings and traditions, and put less and less stock in such things after I left home for college and the big world.

At the same time, I was beginning to be able to see things that other people claimed they couldn't see. I was at times seeing faded images of people's late grandparents over their heads, and was able to describe, clearly, what I was seeing, to the point where they could name the grandparent, uncle, pet, etc.

I grew another emotional inch when I tried to tell my parents about these "sightings" and realized that it made them uncomfortable, and that we were all going to be a lot happier, if I learned to stop volunteering information before first testing the listener's readiness to be edified.

I did eventually find receptive listeners who didn't ask me for my psychic in-put simply for their own amusement, and shortly after that I found a nice woman who actually encouraged me to use this gift in my work life. For several years, I had kept it under wraps, because many people had found it weird enough to be a source momentary amusement, and while I was amusing they were my friends, and when I wasn't they weren't.

Once I began using my interesting gift in my work, and finding that people were actually coming back because they liked me, as well as my massage work and the bonus that often came with it, I became braver about using it.

My husband also helped me become braver about using it. He's more of a skeptic than a believer, himself, but who can argue with a profit?

He has always encouraged me in my attempts to improve myself and expand my business, and I am finally in a position to do both. It took me 40 years to be able to think clearly enough to be able to run my own business, but I am finally doing it.

I wouldn't have been able to run my own business before we realized that my son and I had a gluten intolerance.  That intolerance made it impossible for me to get real benefit from the nutrition I was taking in, so I was tired and foggy brained all the time. 

The intolerance has also always made it difficult for me to lose weight, to this day, and that is part of my on-going attempt to re-create myself, too.  I am currently realizing that all grains and starches may be holding me back from acheiving my combined goal of better fitness, a smaller dress size, and a willingness to be photographed........My answer may be the Paleo Diet.  I'll let you know.

So my journey of self-improvement continues. I continue to try to lose the weight that I've gained over the course of 40 years, and I am now working to become a more fully certified Life Coach. I have a couple of very basic on-line certifications, but I know that I can do better.

I want to be able to help my clientelle to be less tense in between massages by teaching them to balance what is out of balance in their lives.

So in between massages, I am trying to do the same thing for myself. I am planning walking days with a friend, times for study, and time for work, and time for family.

I'm enjoying my life journey of re-creating myself, and it's been said that it's not always the destination that's important as much as the journey itself, and I'm finding it to be absolutely true.

Have you ever been hit over the head with a two- by- four?

My 9 year old son was in the bath this evening, and I went to talk to him for a minute, and when I turned to come back to my office, he said "Don't leave". My A type personality was momentarily in control though, so I told him how the clean laundry in my office was languishing and desperately screaming my name trying to get me to finally put it away.

I could tell he was disappointed, that I was finally home and not spending some time with him.

I put a few things away, and realized what I had left behind. (The two- by- four). I ran right back, with a big silly grin and told him that I'd missed him. We chatted while he bathed, and he stuck his foot up for a rub, and soon enough, he voluntarily got out of the tub to put away his clean laundry, because I'd asked him to do that, earlier.

I knew that my having spent that extra few minutes with him had made all the difference.  His attitude was all the proof I needed.  He was taking initiative and doing chores before I asked.

I always preach about family being the number one priority and about how even just a few minutes spent with them every day can make a huge difference. I'm finally learning to listen to my own sermons and take them seriously. I'm realizing that I have some important things to say. I'm learning that other people might think so too, and I appreciate your willingness to virtually listen.

I would be thrilled to get comments on my blogs.  Feel free to email, anytime.

Sue Hirsch, CMT of Perfect Day Massage
WWW.Perfectdaymassage.com

 
sidebar

Blogroll