Fwd: blog



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sue Hirsch <suehirsch01@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Subject: blog
To: Sue Hirsch <suehirsch01@gmail.com>




Put the Seat UP

It's not 10a, and already it's been one of those mornings.  The first thing I did was to sit down on a pee'd- on seat this morning.  My son is going on 10, and should probably have already  formed the happier habit, of putting the seat up.  

Is it just me or does it make more sense to chew guys out for forgetting to put it up before they go, then to chew them out for forgetting to put it back down after?  We women have learned to look for the seat up booby trap when we walk in, but who looks for pee on the seat at home, when they're still fuzzy in the morning?

I called him on it, as I was helping him make his lunch, then I went to do my work-out, and got back as he was leaving to catch the bus to school.  I turned around to find the tv still on in gaming mode...........after he'd left.

Is it just me, or are smart phones and tv gaming systems and medicine bottles user friendly only to kids?  As many times as he and my husband have shown me what buttons to press, I couldn't, for the life of me, make the tv work as a tv again.  

I have all the patience in the world with most people, but let an inanimate object have a bad hair day, and it has as good a chance as not of being smashed against a wall or pushed out onto a train track, to await certain death. 

Unlike my newfangled mechanical devices, I work when I'm supposed to, and sometimes when I'm not supposed to, as I'm sure a lot of us do.  A lot of us work when we're sick or over-tired and know that we should be taking it easy.  We go into work, or we keep doing laundry and dishes, instead of resting and getting our strength back.  

I could take this line of thought much further and get very preachy about how we really need to take care of ourselves, but far be it from me to get up on a soap box.  I would never do a thing like that.

I could continue to complain about certain people having not put the seat up, and leaving the tv in gaming mode, but far be it from me to whine and complain.  I would never do a thing like that.  

Instead, I'll wish you all good health, and a toilet with a clean seat and a day free from the foibles of uncooperative mechanical  devices.  

G'luck Dear Readers.

Yours' in Service:

Sue Hirsch, Owner of Perfect Day Massage and Reap Your Dream Life Coaching




 
sidebar

Blogroll