Re: blog


Dear World

Dear World,

You may want to thank your lucky stars and any deity you choose that you do not revolve around me.  I know I do.

I make a habit of falling apart, on a regular basis, so if you revolved around me, you'd probably fall apart too. 

I fall apart when I'm thoroughly exhausted after a bad night.  I fall apart after a particularly busy day.  I fall apart when my day doesn't go quite as planned. 

I even fall apart for the sake of people around me.  I fall apart for the sake of the people who work for me, when there's not enough work to be had.  I fall apart for my husband, when he's had a bad night or a difficult day.  I fell apart most recently for the sake of my son, when he slammed a door on his finger.


Oh yes.  I have my act together this week, world.  Revolve around me at your own risk, and against my advice. 

Thankfully, being a Mom has somehow endowed me with enough gumption or insanity to continue firing, if not on all pistons, as though absolutely nothing untoward has happened this week...............well, except for the appointment that I missed Today to get a massage.  I completely spaced that, in my hurry to pick up my son from school because the anti-biotic for his finger had given him a head-ache and made him dizzy.

Giving massage though is something that I can always do.  I've been doing it for over 13 years now, and it's become my meditation.  If I didn't have my massage work, the falling apart thing would replace my massage work, as an almost full time job. 

Of course, World, if you take this life too seriously, or you take yourself too seriously, the falling apart that we all do once in a while, loses it's inherent comic relief factor.  Go ahead.  Laugh at me.  Then laugh at yourself.  It's that or cry your way to a nervous break-down, and I'm pretty sure that those really aren't all they're cracked up to be. 

And if you're considering a nervous break-down, you might want to keep in mind that it's no shame to lean on your friends and loved ones just a bit.  We don't walk this world alone, and needing each other is a big part of what makes us human.  Someday, World, someone will need you, in much the same way that you may need them, just now, in order to stave off looming insanity.

Maybe, World, all unknowing, you've even done that very recently, for some CMT, turning authoress and Life Coach.....................

Thanks for listening, World.

Yours in Service:

Sue Hirsch, Owner of Perfect Day Massage and Reap Your Dream.
www.Perfectdaymassage.com
www.reapyourdream.com
(707)762-3578


 
sidebar

Blogroll