A Bustier is NOT a Corset

Somewhere out there there's a veteran fashionista, laughing at my ignorance, as I step into the world of fashion for the first time, at the tender age of 43.  To my credit, I don't make pretensions of knowledge or experience that I don't have, and I don't just buy something on-line, that says "busk closures" when I have no idea of what that means.

It might surprise you to know that there's a whole language relating to corsets and bustiers, that one needs to understand, before one pays a lot of money for something that will be uncomfortable to wear, or difficult to put on, and just because it says that it has busk closures, doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't also need to be laced up the back.

Another item to keep in mind, when one is planning to wear a corset is the effect that it may have on one's health.  It can be great for posture and looks, and it can also be great for adding to the woes of people with an IBS or similar conditions.

I've figured out what a busk closure is, and that there are all sorts of great styles of bustiers and corsets one can wear in order to stand out in a crowd, which is what I want to do.  There are even some to be found at an affordable price.  I'm currently checking out brands like Steampunk and Corset Queen.  I don't tend to like the corsets or bustiers that are advertized as "sexy", but in the right setting and at the right time, that could be just the thing.  I'm sure that my husband would agree.  ..........

There are lots of choices out there for people who are interested in jumping on the band wagon, and some of them even lace up the front and some lace up the front w/ a busk closure and some zip up the back, front or side.  Some of them are a beautiful mix of fabrics and textures.  I highly recommend checking them out.

If you're going to try out a corset or bustier, yourself, you're going to want to be sure that you know your bust, and waist size at the very least.  It's a good excuse to sign up at a gym, and see a personal trainer the first time you go. 

As you can see, I did eventually get this blog to come around to the topic of fitness.  I guess that I touched on it, before, as well, when I mentioned posture and that other issue. ............

Time to have fun with fashion folks.  It'll also help ward off Winter blahs.  For a bit more fun, be sure to check out my speaker series which is kicking-off on May 31.  See my facebook pages, for more on that.  There is a link on this site.

Yours in Service:

Sue Hirsch, CWC, CMT and Hostess of 100 People You Should Know Radio Show on Blogtalkradio.com.



 
sidebar

Blogroll