Fwd: The Bible


Taking a Political Stand

Disclaimer:  This particular blog post is a letter that I sent to an AZ legislator who just signed his name to a bill that was subsequently passed, that says that a patron/client can be refused service on the basis of their sexual orientation.  Seems like a big step backwards to me, right back to the days of segregation of blacks and white people, and no service for Native Americans, in saloons, even if they'd helped us win a war or build our rail ways possible alongside those pesky Chinese.  It's not like the railways grew our economy. 

When I fill out a job application, I make my own little box, alongside the ones that give me multiple choices for my race.  I mark it and fill in "human".  I never understood why all those other choices were put there to begin with.  I'm beginning to think that it's all an attempt by govt. to divide and conquer us.  Let's do the sensible thing, and the thing that as Americans we've been so proud of for so long, and Stand United, as One Nation, Under (fill in your favorite deity here).




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sue Hirsch <suehirsch01@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Subject: The Bible
To: stevesmith@azleg.gov


The bible says nothing about love between lesbians being lesser than any other love, so how is it that you think you're able to defend your position by saying that you're religious?  I don't get it? 

Jesus talked a lot about being good to other people and doing unto others as you would have them do to you.  If you interpret that as meaning that you should do to others as you would have them do to you, only if they look like you or behave and think exactly as you do, I want no part of any religion that you subscribe to. 

I hope that you're stopping to realize that there are a lot of medical professionals who are very different from you, and they have not yet mentioned having considered refusing life saving service to AZ legislators because of their careers, skin pigment, or religion.  What if they did?  Turn about would be fair play, and poetic justice, in my eyes. 

Sue Hirsch

Thankfully of CA and not AZ!

 
sidebar

Blogroll