Fwd: blog




On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Sue Hirsch <suehirsch01@gmail.com> wrote:


I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready for Spring Break to be over.  Of course that may just be because I'm a Mom.   I love having my son around.........along with his 2 friends, but a whole week of that is a lot of togetherness for me. 

It could be worse.  My son could be sitting around telling me that he's bored, every few hours, and then eschewing every suggestion that I make geared toward alleviating boredom.  Believe it or not, I don't remember that having happened once this week.  G-d bless friendship between children. 

I would love to have some friends myself.  Not that I'm completely friendless.  It would just be easier to be aware that I have friends, if I had more people calling in to my radio show, to ask questions of me or my guests.   Subtle, aren't I?  I want to be sure that everyone is getting their questions answered, because I think that that makes it more fun for everyone.  The number is:  
This coming Wednesday, I'll have Mike Van Horn on my show with me.  He is the President of The Business Group, and author of:   How to Grow Your Business without Driving Yourself Crazy.  .................I really need to get that book.

I've been trying to grow my massage business for over 13 years, and had almost given up on it, when I discovered this great little salon on Bodega which is still called Tammy's when you google it, but has changed hands, and the new owner is calling it Bodega Hair and Company.  They were prepared to rent me a cute and quiet room for my massages, at just the right time.  It seems like there's a good chance of my sharing some of their clientel. 

Fortunately, I'm learning to diversify my streams of income.  It took me a while to get up the confidence to take a course in Life Coaching, and now I'm pleased to report that I'm a Certified Wellness Coach, Speaker, and Event Organizer, as well as a Certified Massage Therapist of over 13 years. 

In getting to this point, I've learned a huge lesson about asking for help.  Just do it!  I have no clue how to create a website, and I had only half a clue, when I first came up with the idea for the Community Wellness Speaker Series as to how to organize an event. 

I'm lucky to have a web guru who was willing, when I asked, to trade his services for massage.  I'm blessed to have a husband who can work with my web guru, polishing the site and correcting my grammer, and spelling until the site is beautiful and interactive.  It's also great to live in the Google age, because I was able to get a lot of great tips from the net about organizing an event on the scale of Grow Yourself; Grow a Cause. 

You can now find details of this event at:  www.meetthe100.com.  Please check it out and feel free to contact me with any questions.  I tend to screen my calls, so email is usually the best way to reach me:  suehirsch01@gmail.com

I've learned to ask for help from my son, as well.  One of the perks of being a Mom, is that I can train him to do the chores that I don't feel like doing.  This morning, I had my son and his friend take the dog out for a walk.  I got a bit more quiet time, the dog got her walk, and the kids got some exercise.  Everyone's a winner. 

You can be a winner too.  I'm giving away half hour massages to people who have read all the way to the end of this email and say the magic word when they call for a massage:  Supercalafragelisticexpialedoshus

Enjoy!!

Yours in Service:

Sue Hirsch, Certified Wellness Coach



 
sidebar

Blogroll